- 1/2 cup cannellini beans
- 12 ounces gluten-free fettuccine pasta
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 potatoes, chopped into 1/2 inch cubes*
- 1/4 white onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- To Serve
- Italian parsley, chopped
- Vegan Parmesan (optional)
- Bring 4 cups water to boil in a medium pot. Add potatoes and onion then boil for 8-10 minutes or until potatoes are soft. Reserve the liquid as you drain potatoes, then set aside.
- When potatoes are done, bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook fettuccine according to the directions on the package.
- Saute minced garlic in a small skillet over medium heat 1-2 minutes or until fragrant. Stir to avoid burning, and add a drop of water as needed.
- Add cannellini beans and 1 cup reserved liquid to a blender and pulse to combine.
- Next add potatoes, onion, garlic, seasonings and lemon juice and blend until smooth, adding reserved liquid as needed for desired consistency.
- Tranfer drained fettucine and blended sauce into a serving dish and mix them together. Top with parsley and/or Vegan Parmesan (optional) and serve.
*Potatoes are used as a thickening agent. You can also substitute cauliflower florets, following the same method to boil them until tender.