- 1 cup Basic White Sauce
- 1/2 cup leeks, thoroughly washed and minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup smoked tofu, 1/4–inch dice, (substitute tempeh bacon, or home–smoked tofu)*
- 1/2 cup fresh shelled peas, raw or lightly blanched
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 pound gluten–free penne (or whole wheat), cooked al denté
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta according to the directions on the package.
- Heat a fry pan to medium–high. When hot, add the leeks and stir. As leeks begin to stick, deglaze using the white wine. Cook 1-2 additional minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add the Basic White Sauce and stir well. Dilute the mixture slightly with a bit of vegetable stock, adding more or less depending on the thickness of your white sauce.
- Mix in the tofu and peas then cook until the sauce begins to simmer.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the sauce, tossing until fully coated.
- Sprinkle with parsley and freshly ground black pepper. Remove from heat and serve immediately.
*You may use our recipe for Baked Tofu.