- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup dairy-free sour cream
- 2 pounds mixed fresh mushrooms (e.g. shiitake, oyster, cremini, thinly sliced)
- 1 pound wide (egg-free) noodles
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat (or GF) flour
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, minced (plus more for garnish)
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, add the shallot and sauté until lightly golden, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring, until they have softened and released most of their liquid, about 5 minutes.
- Add the flour and stir to incorporate.
- Stir in the wine and broth and cook until most of the alcohol has evaporated, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, and stir in the sour cream and the 2 tablespoons parsley.
- Season with pepper.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat.
- Cook, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking, until al dente, according to the package instructions.
- Drain, reserving about 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
- Add the pasta to the sauce and toss to combine. Warm briefly over low heat to blend the flavors.
- Add as much of the cooking water as needed to loosen the sauce, garnish with parsley and serve immediately.