- 1 cup kale leaves, chopped
- 1 cup rice, cooked
- 3/4 cup tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/3 cup non-dairy plain yogurt (optional)
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 2 red or yellow bell peppers, cut lengthwise in half
- 6 ounces firm tofu, cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat pan to medium-high heat and add onion. Cook until softened then add tofu and cook until a light golden brown.
- Add kale and artichoke hearts to the pan and continue to cook for 1 minute longer or until kale is wilted.
- Stir in broth, tomato and garlic and cook 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cooked rice and non-dairy plain yogurt. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Spoon mixture into pepper halves and place peppers onto cookie sheet with filling facing up.
- Place cookie sheet into oven and bake 25 to 30 minutes or until peppers begin to soften. Remove from oven and serve warm.