- Mushroom Kale Bowl
- 1/4 cup wild rice, cooked
- 2 cup kale, shredded
- 1/2 cup Portobello Sauce
- 1/2 cup Baked Tofu
- 1/4 cup beets, raw, sliced
- 1/4 cup bean sprouts
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons Spicy Sunflower Seeds
- Portobello Sauce
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup Homemade Nut Milk or store-bought plant-based milk
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons tamari, low-sodium
- 1 1/2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 3/4 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced Freshly ground black pepper
- Spicy Sunflower Seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, raw
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic, minced Dash red chili flakes
- Miso Sesame Ginger Dressing
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tamari, low-sodium
- 2 tablespoons white miso paste
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red chili flakes (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger, minced
- Freshly ground black pepper
Miso Sesame Ginger Dressing
- Combine all ingredients in mixer and pulse until smooth.
- Sauté mushrooms and onions in a nonstick skillet over medium heat for 5–10 minutes.
- Add tamari, tomato paste, maple syrup, garlic and black pepper. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Whisk in nut milk and cook for 10–15 minutes or until thickened.
Spicy Sunflower Seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Toss sunflower seeds and seasonings together in a small bowl.
- Spread onto a baking sheet and bake 15 minutes or until well toasted.
Mushroom Kale Bowl
- Add kale to the bottom of a bowl. Top with remaining ingredients and a drizzle of Miso Sesame Ginger. Can be served warm (Portobello Sauce and Baked Tofu) or cold.