- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry or gluten-free flour
- 1 3/4 cup sucanat
- 1 cup Homemade Nut Milk*
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup dairy-free yogurt
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (plus more for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, sucanat, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- Add applesauce and stir until crumbly. Remove 1 cup of mixture and set aside for use in Step 5.
- In a separate bowl, combine Homemade Nut Milk, dairy-free yogurt, vinegar, vanilla, baking powder and baking soda.
- Stir well then mix into the large bowl of dry ingredients.
- Pour batter into an 8×8 baking dish.
- If using chopped nuts, add them to the mixture set aside in Step 5.
- Crumble over the top of the batter then sprinkle with additional cinnamon as desired.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
*Store-bought plant-based milk may also be used.