- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 5 to 6 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and pressed
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts in water, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sun dried tomato powder
- Place all ingredients together in a large bowl and mix well. Serve with baked whole wheat pita chips or toasted bread.
Note: You can chop the ingredients by hand, or you can place ALL of the ingredients in a large bowl and use a chopping tool like an ulu or mezzaluna and chop them all together at once. A food processor is not recommended.