- 1 small watermelon, diced large
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 pack soba buckwheat noodles
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- Pickled Radish
- 1 bunch radish, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sucanat
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- Ginger Tamarind Dressing
- 1 lime (zest and juice)
- 1/4 cup tamari soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon tamarind paste
- Hot Sauce
- Prepare the pickled radish by mixing rice wine vinegar, sucanat and kosher salt. Add the sliced radishes to the pickling liquid. Let stand for 30 minutes but not longer than an hour.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the soba noodles cooking per the directions on the package. Once cooked, drain and rinse the noodles under cold water.
- To prepare the dressing combine the grated ginger, tamarind paste, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, lime juice and zest, and hot sauce to your taste.
- Combine half of the dressing with noodles.
- Peel and dice the watermelon into a large dish. Toss the watermelon with the remaining dressing.
- To serve place a nice mound of noodles into a bowl, top with the diced watermelon. Sprinkle the roughly chopped macadamia nuts on top and around the watermelon. Then add the diced avocado and the pickled radish around the watermelon. Finish the dish by sprinkling black sesame seeds and sliced scallions.
Note: You can make one large serving dish or individual dishes.