- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup tofu, extra firm
- 1/4 cup carrots, finely diced
- 1/4 cup peas, frozen
- 2 teaspoons garlic, fresh, minced
Sweet Peanut Soy Sauce
- 3 tablespoons tamari, low-sodium
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter, roasted, oil-free, salt-free
- 1 teaspoon garlic, fresh, minced
- 1/2–1 teaspoon chili powder
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Squeeze tofu with towel to press out excess liquid then dice into 1/4-inch cubes.
- Place on baking sheet and cook 25–30 minutes or until firm and crisp.
- In a bowl, whisk all sauce ingredients together and set aside.
- Transfer tofu to sauce bowl and marinate 5 minutes, stirring periodically.
- Strain tofu out using slotted spoon, reserving remaining sauce.
- Place tofu on preheated nonstick skillet and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Add green onion, carrots, peas and garlic to hot skillet. Sauté 3–4 minutes.
- Add the rice, tofu, and remaining sauce. Cook over medium-high heat for 3–4 minutes, stirring regularly. Serve immediately.