- 1-2 sweet potatoes, peeled, diced
- 1 1/3 cup vegetable broth, low sodium
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- Pinch dried sage
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a saucepan, sauté celery and onion until soft, adding a drop or two of water as needed. Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in sweet potatoes, coriander, paprika, sage, and black pepper and cook for 1 minute.
- Add vegetable broth. Cover and simmer about 15 minutes or until sweet potatoes are soft.
- Transfer half of soup to a blender. Puree, then combine back into the saucepan.*
*Puree more or less, depending on desired consistency and thickness.