- 6 spring onions
- 2 medium-large carrots
- 1/2 small white cabbage
- 1/2 lemon, juice
- Handful snow peas, trimmed
- Handful radishes, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons hazelnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Watercress, to serve
- Mustard, to serve
- Peel and coarsely grate 2 medium-large carrots into a large mixing bowl.
- Finely shred 1/2 small white cabbage and a handful of trimmed snow peas and add to the bowl.
- Finely slice 6 spring onions and a handful of trimmed radishes, and add along with 1 tablespoon poppy seeds, 2 tablespoons roughly chopped toasted hazelnuts and 2 tablespoons freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley.
- In a separate small bowl whisk together the juice of 1/2 lemon with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Pour over the coleslaw and gently mix together. Spoon the salad into a serving bowl and scatter over mustard and watercress to serve.
The Meat Free Monday Cookbook with foreword by Paul, Mary and Stella McCartney is published by Kyle Books. Photography by Tara Fisher.