- 3 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, medium, diced
- 1/2 cup almonds, slivered, roasted (optional)
- 5 leaves romaine lettuce, thin strips
- 1 avocado, diced (optional)
- 1 carrot, small, shredded
- 1/2 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, minced
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- Add water and quinoa to a small pot and cook on medium heat until fully cooked. Set aside and allow to cool while preparing other ingredients.
- Once quinoa has cooled, in a large bowl combine quinoa, carrots, bell pepper, mint, and cannellini beans. Stir until evenly mixed.
- To serve, place small amount of romaine lettuce on a plate. Add quinoa mixture on top of lettuce. Top with hemp seeds, almonds, avocado and dressing to taste.
Note: You can also mix the lettuce with the salad and use roasted slivered almonds if desired.