- 4 cups gluten-free elbow macaroni shells
- 1 1/2 cups silken firm tofu
- 1 cup smoked tofu, diced small (optional)**
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 5 tablespoons fresh dill*
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon stone ground mustard
- Black pepper and garlic powder to taste
- Cook noodles (following package instructions), drain and set aside.
- Chop red bell pepper and celery and set aside. Cut smoked tofu** into small pieces.
- Add silken tofu, vinegar, mustard, maple syrup, dill, black pepper and garlic powder to a blender and blend until well combined. Add water if dressing is too thick to blend well.
- Mix drained macaroni shells, veggies, smoked tofu and dressing in a large serving bowl. Chill salad for 1 to 2 hours before serving. If serving salad overnight, keep 1/3 of the dressing to add the following day. Tofu can also be added before serving.
* 2 to 3 tablespoons dried dill may be substituted for fresh dill.
** When adding homemade smoked tofu, start that recipe a couple of hours before (or bake tofu ahead of time).