- 2 cups oil free hummus
- 4 – 10″ whole-grain tortilla shells of choice
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup bell peppers, sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- Ground pepper and pepper flakes to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prep oil free hummus and pizza toppings for placement on tortillas.
- Place whole-grain tortillas on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 7 to 9 minutes, until just crispy and golden (watch, they can turn from golden to burnt quickly).
- Remove and let cool on baking sheet.
- Spread 1/2 cup of hummus on cooled tortilla (start from around the edges rather than in the centre to prevent pizza from getting soggy in the middle) then add topping of choice on pizza.
- Return to the oven immediately (don’t let sit with hummus on tortilla for too long as the tortilla will become soggy) and bake for an additional 7 to 10 minutes, just to heat through toppings.
- Remove and slice. Sprinkle with chopped spices (basil, thyme and pepper) and serve.
Note: A variety of vegetables can be used for the pizza. Remember that moist vegetables will release water when baking and can make your pizza soggy. Choose vegetables that don’t release too much juice, or pre-roast the veg to concentrate the vegetables. It’s fine to use some wetter vegetables (e.g. tomatoes, mushrooms), just don’t overdo them, and combine with other toppings that are dried (e.g. sliced onions, chopped bell peppers, olives).