- 1 sheet nori, cut into thin strips with scissors
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and chopped
- 1 pound French Breakfast radishes, greens removed, leaving 1 inch of stem intact
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon scallions, chopped, white and light green parts only
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the radishes in half lengthwise, then toss in a medium bowl with the vinegar and 1 teaspoon of the salt. Set aside at room temperature for at least 15 minutes and up to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mash the avocado in a medium bowl with the lemon juice, scallions, pepper, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Arrange the radishes on a tray. Place 1-inch-round dollops of the avocado salad next to the radishes. Sprinkle the nori strips on top of the radishes and serve the tamari in a ramekin alongside for dipping.
Note: For added crunch and toasty flavor, try garnishing the avocado with toasted black or white sesame seeds.