- 6 whole wheat tortillas*
- 6 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced (optional)
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced (optional)
- 1 red onion, sliced (optional)
- 1 yellow squash, sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Dash chili powder
- Place non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally and adding a drop of water if needed.
- Add all other veggies (except avocado) and sprinkle with cumin, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and chili powder.
- Stir vegetables regularly until tender but still firm.
- Serve on top of tortilla shells, garnished with sliced avocado.
Note: Instructions are written for year-round in-home preparation. However, you may also use the grill for the veggies. Simply prep the vegetables, sprinkle with the seasonings, cook on a pre-heated grill, remove when they are done to your liking, then assemble.
*Gluten-free brown rice tortillas may also be used.