- Spring Rolls
- 8 rice spring roll papers
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mango, sliced in strips
- 1 cup vermicelli noodles, cooked
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup purple cabbage, thinly shredded
- 1/4 cup cilantro, fresh (optional)
- 1/4 cup mint, fresh
- Sweet and Spicy Peanut Sauce
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, roasted, oil-free, salt-free
- 2-3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoon tamari
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Water, hot
- Prep all veggies and arrange in bowls or plates to simplify assembling.
- Make sauce by whisking together all ingredients in a bowl then adding hot water to thin to desired consistency.
- Boil 3 cups water then cool slightly.
- Add water to a shallow dish then submerge rice paper until soft, about 15 seconds.
- Transfer to a clean surface and add desired fillings. Fold top and bottom then roll over, folding as needed to seal.
- Transfer to a plate and cover with a damp towel.
- Continue steps 3-5 until all spring rolls are assembled. Serve with sauce.
Note: These spring rolls are best when served fresh.