- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup steel-cut oatmeal
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon flax seed meal (per serving)
- Homemade Nut Milk or store-bought almond milk (optional)
- Fresh fruit (optional)
- Boil water.
- Add oatmeal.
- Cover pot and store overnight in refrigerator.
- The next morning, add flax and re-warm in microwave for 2 minutes.
- Add favorite fruit, maple syrup, and plant-based milk (optional).
Note: Steel–cut oats should be prepared ahead of time to last for a few days or even a whole week. Unlike oatmeal made with rolled oats (which becomes gluey), steel–cut oats get creamier and more delicious when reheated!