- 2 cups chickpeas, cooked, rinsed
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup peanuts, roasted, oil-free, salt-free
- 1/4 cup tamari, low sodium
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons white wine, dry (optional)
- 2 teaspoons garlic, fresh, minced
- 2 teaspoons ginger, fresh, minced (optional)
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Add tamari, white wine (if using), balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, garlic, ginger (if using) and red pepper flakes to electric pressure cooker and whisk together.
- Add chickpeas, bell peppers, and onion and mix until combined.
- Set electric pressure cooker to Slow Cook function and cook 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low.
- Stir and serve over a bed of rice.
Note: This recipe can also be made on the stovetop. In a small bowl, mix tamari, balsamic vinegar and maple syrup and reserve. Using a nonstick high-sided pan, saute onion and garlic then add white wine to deglaze it. Add bell pepper and cook until softened. Add chickpeas and cook for 5 minutes. Add reserved tamari mix, ginger, and red pepper flakes, stir for 2-3 minutes, and serve on brown rice.