National Cheesecake Day?
Yes, you read that right. There is really such a thing as National Cheesecake Day.
And what’s more, everyone can celebrate because there is an easy way to enjoy this fabulous dessert without using any dairy.
A 100 percent plant-based cheesecake!
Another great example of how you, while on a plant-based diet, can still eat almost any delicious dessert just by switching up a few ingredients.
Talk about having your cake and eating it too!
Before we get to our irresistible recipe, let’s take a look at the inspiration behind it–National Cheesecake Day.
The Story Behind National Cheesecake Day
Celebrated each year on July 30th, National Cheesecake Day exists for one reason only… to pay homage to the unique deliciousness of cheesecake.
Cheesecake is simply in a class of its own.
A sweet and creamy dessert, cheesecake is typically made from cream cheese, sugar, and eggs, with a graham cracker crust. Often times, other flavors are thrown in the mix too, like strawberry, blueberry, caramel, chocolate or vanilla.
But as usual, we will show you how to make this scrumptious dessert completely plant-based!
Some Deliciously Fun Facts About Cheesecake
- The Greek writer Athenaeus is believed to have created the very first cheesecake recipe during ancient times.
- Cheesecakes are believed to have been the dessert of choice served to athletes during the first Olympic Games in 776 B.C. because, apparently, the cheesecake gave them energy.
- While the cheesecake may have originated in Ancient Greece, New York is ‘cheesecake town’. That is because the famous New York-style cheesecake was created in 1929 by German immigrant Arnold Reuben of Turf Restaurant in New York City.
- The largest cheesecake on record was created by Philadelphia Cream Cheese and weighed more than 6,900 pounds.
- In 2006 the Austrian Postal Service created cheesecake-flavored postage stamps so that you could enjoy the taste of strawberry cheesecake while licking stamps!
You can celebrate National Cheesecake Day by making cheesecake (of course!)
And then posting pictures of the dessert on social media using the hashtag #NationalCheesecakeDay.
If you want to make your own, here is my favorite recipe for the Best Dairy-Free Cheesecake on the planet! Not only is it delicious, but it is also 100 percent plant-based.
This cheesecake will delight even your pickiest guests, and they will never even notice that the dairy is missing!
Give our plant-based cheesecake recipe a try today! Or wait until July 30th – if you can!