- Blended ingredients
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 white onion
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeded (optional for spice)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 20 peppercorns, crushed (1/2 teaspoon pepper)
- 5 medium tomatoes, diced small
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 orange or purple bell pepper, diced small
- 1/4 sweet onion, diced small
- 2 tablespoons green onions, sliced small
- 1/4 teaspoon lime zest
- Salt to taste (optional)
- Combine blended ingredients (garlic, jalapeño, 1/4 cup cilantro, 1 medium tomato and 1/2 white onion) in a food processor, mix until smooth and transfer to a bowl.
- Add diced tomatoes, sweet onion and bell pepper into the bowl and mix. Fold in remaining cilantro, green onions, crushed peppercorns and lime zest and juice. Add salt to taste and let salsa set for one hour before serving.
Note: Strain the salsa to the desired consistency and use the excess liquids for a marinade. To add levels of spice, blend in a whole jalapeño or habañero pepper. For extra color, add in purple, green and yellow bell peppers.