- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour, more as needed
- 1/2 cup whole-spelt flour
- 3 large Yukon Gold Potatoes, baked
- 2 cups asparagus, thinly sliced on the bias
- 1/2 cup green garlic, thinly sliced
- Roasted Asparagus Puree
- Black Olive Tapenade
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Chopped herbs of choice
- Remove skin from baked potatoes. Pass potatoes through a potato ricer or mash potatoes. Slowly knead in flour until it forms a soft dough.
- Cut off 1/4 of dough and roll into a 1-inch thick rope. Use the remaining dough to make 3 more ropes. Cut each rope into 1/2-inch long segments, and pinch the sides of each piece of dough so it looks like a bow tie.
- Place the finished gnocchi on a floured pan. Freeze gnocchi for 1 hour.
- Blanch gnocchi in salted water until they float. Cool in an ice water bath, drain and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add green garlic and asparagus and sauté for 30 seconds until ingredients wilt.
- Push to side of the pan and add the Potato-Spelt Gnocchi. Continue to sauté without moving for 30-45 seconds to allow ingredients to develop a crust.
- Turn gnocchi and mix with the garlic and asparagus. Continue to sauté another 2 minutes to heat through. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- For each serving, place 3 tablespoons of the Roasted Asparagus Puree on a serving plate, top with the gnocchi mixture. Sprinkle 2 teaspoons of the Black Olive Tapenade over the gnocchi followed by chopped herbs.