- 2 cups green chard*, thinly chopped into ribbons
- 2 cups kale*, thinly sliced into ribbons (dinosaur kale used)
- 1/2 cup chickpeas/garbanzo beans (canned/organic)
- 1/2 cup avocado, diced (plus a few slices for garnish)
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon zest
- Sunny Maple Tahini Dressing
- Rinse your greens under hot water then rinse in chilled water. Spin or pat dry. Slice into thin ribbons and place in large mixing bowl. Add lemon zest.
- Rinse beans in hot water then in cold water. Remove chickpea skins if desired. Toast in saute pan if desired. Set aside.
- Dice avocado and add to greens bowl. Set aside a few slices for garnish.
- Add your dressing to your greens bowl and toss well. If you do not like your avocado a bit soft-edged from the tossing, add it after tossing greens with dressing.
- Fold chickpeas into the greens.
- To serve, place greens on a serving plate, top with avocado, then peel and separate one satsuma and add to the edge of the plate.
Note: We enjoy the salad best when chilled in the fridge for at least an hour so the tahini gets all chilled and creamy, but you can also eat right away.
*Organic greens preferred.