- Blueberry Pie Filling
- 4 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 3/4 cup sucanat
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Gluten-Free Blueberry Pie
- 1 Gluten-Free Pie Crust
- 1 Blueberry Pie Filling
Blueberry Pie Filling
- Add blueberries to a medium saucepan and cook over medium heat for 7-10 minutes, until berries begin to soften and release their juices.
- Whisk together the sucanat and arrowroot in a small bowl then slowly add the dry mix to the blueberries, stirring constantly for 2-3 minutes until the filling thickens.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a glass jar or container. Place inside the refrigerator to cool for 30 minutes.
Gluten-Free Blueberry Pie
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare Gluten-Free Pie Crust and add to a pie pan.
- Transfer blueberry filling into the pie pan, on top of the crust.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes. Pie is done when filling is thick and bubbling.
- Remove pie and allow to cool for one hour (or longer) before serving.