- 4 leaves romaine lettuce, ribs cut away
- 2 large whole-grain or brown rice tortillas
- 1/4 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 6 tablespoons oil-free Homemade Hummus
- 4 tablespoons cucumber, cut in julienne
- Avocado (optional)
- Tomato (optional)
- Spinach leaves (optional)
- Alfalfa or broccoli sprouts (optional)
- Fresh microgreens (optional)
- Basil leaves (optional)
- Fresh mint leaves (optional)
- Cook tortillas in a skillet over medium heat for 30 seconds on each side.*
- Spread three tablespoons hummus over each tortilla.
- Add half vegetables (including optional ingredients) to each tortilla.
- Add lettuce last.
- Roll each of them up and cut in half or eat whole.
Note: A variety of vegetables can be used for the wrap. Remember that moist vegetables will release water and make your wrap soggy. It is fine to use some wetter vegetables (e.g. tomatoes) when combined with other toppings that are dried (e.g. green leafy vegetables, bell peppers).
*Tortillas can also be charred directly over the gas flame for a few seconds using tongs. Tortillas can also be warmed in the microwave (covered with a damp paper towel) for 10 seconds to make them more flexible.