- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups baby heirloom tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 cup fresh peaches, diced firm (optional)
- 1/2 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, torn
- 2 small zucchini, thinly sliced into half moons
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 (8 ounce) package penne pasta, cooked
- Process lemon zest, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, garlic and pepper in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Add basil and pulse 5 or 6 times until blended.
- In a large bowl, toss together tomatoes, zucchini, bell pepper, corn, peaches, green onion, and dressing. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Add cooked pasta (warm or cold) and toss gently to coat.
- Season with pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a serving platter, and top with basil.