- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup leeks, chopped
- 1/4 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon dill, chopped (optional)
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat stove to medium high heat. Add asparagus, leeks, plus any optional spices (fennel, thyme, dill). Simmer for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and water. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add soup to the blender and blend until smooth. Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper.
- Add to individual serving bowl and garnish with chopped parsley.
Note: This recipe can be made using 1/2 large head of broccoli instead of asparagus. In step 2 you will have to simmer the soup longer to make sure broccoli is cooked. Also, for a creamier soup, you can add a tablespoon of Miso Cashew Cream when blending.