- Juice of 1 orange
- 3 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 1/4 cup pecan halves, raw
- 2 medium red or green apples, cored, quartered, and thinly sliced
- 1 head Belgian endive, separated into leaves
- Combine orange juice, orange zest, mustard and vinegar in a large salad bowl and stir well with a whisk.
- Season with fresh ground pepper.
- Arrange mixed greens, endives and apples on a serving dish. Add pecans.
- Pour orange dressing over the salad and serve.